Types of coating agents in fertilizer manufacturing process
In the production of organic fertilizers and compound fertilizers, the wrapping materials are often used to wrap the finished granules to achieve the effect of preventing agglomeration or slow release of fertilizer efficiency, especially in the NPK fertilizer production, the use is very common. There are several types of wrapping materials that we can see below.
There are many types of coating agents, and we can roughly divide them into six according to the classification of raw materials.
1. Hydrophobic anti-caking agents, such as paraffin, diesel, kerosene, etc. are all hydrophobic substances. These substances can form a layer of anti-water layer on the surface of fertilizer particles, which has certain anti-caking effect.
2. inert material --surfactant composite anti-caking agent, such a package can combine mechanical isolation and reduce the surface tension of fertilizer, the effect is very good.
3. A mixture of a polymer homopolymer and a polymeric surfactant, the function of which is to dissolve a water-soluble or water-insoluble polymer in a concentrated solution of a surfactant to form a complex.
4. Some high molecular weight polymers such as inorganic salts can be combined with the moisture in the fertilizer granules to solve the problem of agglomeration of the fertilizer granules by changing the physical properties of the fertilizer granules during the formation of the fertilizer granules.
5. Various types of surfactants, such as anionic and cationic surfactants. These surfactants change the fertilizer particles from hydrophilic to hydrophobic, thereby preventing moisture exchange, protecting the particles from external environmental moisture, reducing the surface tension of the solution, thereby reducing capillary phenomenon.
6. A material similar to an inert substance we just mentioned is an inert material such as talc, diatomaceous earth, etc. The main function of this material is to prevent the fertilizer from absorbing moisture and keeping a certain distance from the adjacent fertilizer particles to prevent the agglomeration of the fertilizer particles.
There are many factors affecting the use of the coating agent in actual production. The porosity of the fertilizer is an important factor, and the porous fertilizer particles are relatively easy to absorb the liquid encapsulant.
The above are some of the wrapping materials that we often use in fertilizer manufacturing process. Which kind of wrapping material is suitable for use depends on the type of fertilizer raw materials produced and the requirements of the fertilizer manufacturing process.
The use of the wrapping agent is usually in the coating machine. Our company is one of the fertilizer machine manufacturers in China, not only produces the coating machine, but also produces many other types of equipment. Welcome to visit and purchase.